Monday, March 4, 2013

Bringing Sexy Back.

Well, friends....it was a matter of time.  I knew it would happen sooner or later but I was hoping it would have taken more than a few weeks, but so it goes.

My super smart plan to wear my gym clothes to work to save time in my 60 minutes of workout time for actual working out and post-workout grooming has finally led to me arriving at work without a complete set of work clothes.  Doh!

It wasn't as bad as it could be.  I wasn't left pant-less or something like that.  I just forgot my cardigan.  So I had pants, appropriate work shoes, delicates, even a shirt! But it was a sleeveless shirt.  That *may* be work appropriate, but not for me.  For two reasons:  1) I rarely wear sleeveless shirts ever--I hate my arms (I know I should be the picture of bodily acceptance, but I'm not--hate em, always have, likely always will!) and 2) It's a little too revealing for *my* comfort level--I know many women pull it off in a corporate environment, but I am just not one of them. 

Anyways, whatever was this girl to do?!?!  I realized my memory fail as I was walking into work.  As I saw it, I had a few options:

1) Turn around and just go home.  It's Monday.  Just not worth it.
2) Go home after my workout at 10am and just stay home.  Again, it's Monday.
3) After the workout, go home and get a cardigan and come back to work.
4) Stay in my stinky workout clothes until lunch, then go home. 
5) Wear my pea coat over my sleeveless shirt.  However, it should be noted that my office is a bazillion degrees.
6) Wear my North Face running jacket over my sleeveless shirt.

Sigh.  Option #6 was the front runner all morning.  I just didn't want to leave my desk in it.  But once I put it on, I realized that it wasn't that weird.  Many people keep a sweater or light coat at their desk in case they get cold, so the combo wasn't super awkward.  Also, I rocked it.  I brought business casual/fitness sexy back:


As for the actual working out for me today.  I had a bunch.

I warmed up for 11 minutes on a new machine that appeared to be elliptical-like (all the ellipticals were taken!).  The machine is a Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer (AMT).  It allows for you to climb or stride various lengths, working different muscles depending on how you use it.  It felt pretty weird to use, but I liked it.  When taking long strides, I felt like a gazelle!  When taking medium strides I felt like I was running on clouds!  I went hard and fast while climbing using the very small strides.  Flavoring it up made it fun.  I could definitely see using this machine more often.

Then I did my super awesome workout group 12 minutes of fun.  Today we:

* 5 bench dips, 5 push ups on the step
* Dumbbell deadlift into a dumbbell biceps curl (I used 10 lb dumbbells)
* Around the world into a sprawl (I used the 10 lb dumbbells again)
* 5 low jacks, 5 rock-a-byes
* 3 point jump, 10 mountain climbers
* 4 froggers, 1 high jump

Then we did abs.  3 or 4 minutes of ab fun. 

So that was fun.

Then, after work, Josh and I went climbing.  I climbed 2 and 2 half routes.  :)

Workout beast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment