Monday, March 25, 2013

CLIMBING CHAMPION!

Ok.  So I'm exaggerating.  But I need some fitness confidence and praise, so I'll do it:

I AM THE CLIMBING CHAMPION!!!!!

Why do I declare this bold statement?  Did I finally do a tall wall 5.6?  No.  Did I do a 5.9 on the slab?  Nope.  Did I do a 5.7 on a straight wall? Nopers!  What did I do?  I'll get to that.  We have some catching up to do first!

Since we last spoke, I didn't do all that much (with the exception of Sunday).  On Thursday, I totally punked on working out.  I packed my gym clothes to do cardio at the end of my workday and just didn't have it in me.  Ok.  It was probably in me, but I didn't let it out.  Friday and Saturday were no workout days too!  This is not something that should happen.  Nopenope.  Not good.

But!  On Sunday, Josh and I worked out together and it was my suggestion!  I consider this a win. I out together a Body Rock workout for us.  I really enjoy these.  I think it's because they are short (12 minutes of pushing it) and varied each minute.  This works for me.  I downloaded an app for my wicked smart phone to beep at the end of each 50 second work session and 10 second break.  (Typically during AWW we have a burnt cd with music tracks the appropriate lengths, but 1: I don't have one of my own and 2: we work out in our condo gym and both Josh and I believe it is rude to play your own loud music in that particular venue).  

But I digress.  I put together the following (you'll see it looks similar to the last one I made, I'm not very creative):

Biceps Curls into Shoulder Presses (10 lb DBs)
Single Leg DB Deadlifts (10 lb DBs)
Push-ups with Full Bpdy Rotation
4 Curtsee Squats, High Jump
3-Point Jump, 2 Froggers, 5 Mountain Climbers
5-5-5 Squats

My goal was to work our legs every other session to get a really good lower body workout in.  Judging by my particular flavor of DOMS today, I was successful.  :)  I did 10 minutes on the elliptical before the workout and we did abs after.  If I recall correctly it was: 30 crunches, 20 lower abs (legs straight in the air, small movement), 20 crunches, 10 straight backs, 20 crunches, 20 lower abs.  No breaks in between.  RAWR.

So that was yesterday.  Today I was sore and tried my best to nap under my warm, fuzzy blanket in this dreary, rainy, winter-in-spring day instead of go to the climbing gym.  But anyone who knows my husband knows THAT wasn't happening.  So he agreed to cook dinner after climbing so I could cuddle back up.  Deal.  He's cooking right now.  And my cuddle time is lovely.

Anyways, at the gym I did half of a tall wall 5.6--but it was straight and I have been avoiding staright walls for months.  I've been slabbing it up and loving it.  Next I did a 5.6 on a slab that is only slightly slabby.  I hadn't done that one yet and it was good.  Finally, I got crazy.  I decided to do some laps on my favorite 5.7 on my favorite slab.  I'd done 3 laps on other routes before, so I decided to go for 4 laps in a row.  Even though it's a route I was familiar with and had done before, I wanted to go for endurance.  Well, after 4 laps I still had some oomph in me, so I went again.  And again.  :)  I did 6 laps on a 5.7 in a row.  I was sweating and toward the end really needed a sip of my G2, but I was so proud.  CLIMBING CHAMPION!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment