Sunday, October 28, 2012

Getting Back Into It

I had intended to visit my mother in New Hampshire this weekend, but canceled the trip last minute to avoid getting stuck there in the event this massive hurricane hit sooner than expected and the airport wouldn't allow flights in tonight.  It seems as though I would have been fine at this point, but I think I made the right choice.  It didn't hurt that my mother passionately told me not to come.  Repeatedly.

As a result of this decision, I was able to use this weekend to get settled into using myfitnesspal.com.  Also, I was able to do day 3 of the couch-to-5K program yesterday and get an elliptical session in today.  It is unlikely that those things would have happened if I stuck with my original weekend plans.

I think it's my inner math nerd that takes so well to the myfitnesspal.com program.  I have a set number of calories and exercise gives me more.  I log as I go and can always see the number of remaining calories.  If I complete the day *under* the limit, it tells all of my myfitnesspal friends (which currently consist of Holly and my husband) that I did that. 


 Wanting to always see the success posted seems to be motivation enough for me to stick to it.  At least for now.  I am going to ride this for as long as possible.

The calorie limit seems to be for the average woman, my height and weight.  It may be on target, it may not.  To me, the only way to find out is to stick to their plan and see if I get the expected results.  If not, I modify.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

It feels good to be getting back into things.  It felt good this morning to choose to do 30  minutes on the elliptical.  It feels good every time I think before eating and know that when I do decide to eat, I can do it within the appropriate limits. I'm really excited to keep this trend up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment