Monday, January 28, 2013

Slow and Steady

I am super proud of myself.  I know I say things like this all thing time, but I am.  A lot.  Maybe I consistently underestimate myself.  Maybe I'm just good at recognizing achievement.  I prefer to view it as the latter.  :)

Anyways, I am building my running base back up.  I totally dropped it.  Bad.  Like, I am on out-of-shape running fool.  So, as you faithful readers know, I started the couch-to-5k program with my husband.  He has knee and hip issues that are currently being diagnosed, so he's been ellipticalling while I run on the treadmill.  Today I did Week 7 Day 1: run 25 minutes.

I am so proud of myself, let me count the ways:

1) I even started again.  I hate running when I am not good at it.
2) I continued even when my husband couldn't.  I totally am the type to be like, "Ohhh, honey...  You can't run.  I won't either.  Solidarity."  But I didn't!
3) I made it to Week 7.  After a long month and a half of Week 6 (oops) I made it!  I have arrived.

The end.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment