Saturday, December 1, 2012

And the Winner Is...Easy Cardio!!!

Recall that I was unsure of my workout plan for today.  Well friends, I decided to do easy cardio.  Several considerations factored into my decision-making process:

1) After back-to-back running days, I could have easily taken the day off and let my legs recover;
2) I knew we had dinner plans at a local Italian (read: high carb) restaurant this evening; and
3) My mother has 3 machines in her great room that I have never tried but have always been curious to.

So, after catching up on some DVR-ed TV with my mom (Grey's Anatomy and Modern Family, of course), I decided to do some easy cardio.  I changed, got water and then asked my mother which I should use.  It was no question, the NordicTrack.  She has a NordicTrack elliptical, a different elliptical and a Gazelle--you know, the thing from Tony Little.  (She also has an Ab Lounge, but to be completely honest, it scares me.) 

I decided to just take it easy and go for anywhere from 30-60 minutes.  I found that even taking it easy, I sweat a decent amount and had burned 341 calories after 30 minutes, so I stopped then.

As I was stopping, my mother asked me how long I went and I told her.  She then insisted that I do 5 minutes on the Gazelle.  I had already cooled down on the NordicTrack, but she was persistent.  And my mom.  So I did.  While I was on the Gazelle (and quite confident that I was using it incorrectly...somehow my knees never bent...), my mom decided to get some exercise in on the NordicTrack.  As she is still recovering, this made me very nervous, but my step-father was with her to make sure it went okay.  She was so happy to be back on it.  <3

I asked if I could stop using the Gazelle and she said that was okay.  Then she promptly told me to walk 3-4 laps around the couch.  She's adorable.

And in the interest of fairness, she *also* walked a few laps around the couch after her fitness session for the day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment