Sunday, December 30, 2012

Baking & Prepping, Belaying & Climbing

Today I spent 2 1/2 hours in the morning preparing food.  I made pumpkin and banana bread and chopped and sliced a whole bunch of things a whole bunch of different ways.  I'm prepping for a big New Year's Day meal and the prep will continue tomorrow and, of course, Tuesday.  :)

In myfitnesspal.com, "Cooking or food preparation" is considered a cardiovascular activity.  OK!  I only counted 2 hours because I felt a little guilty about it.  Only a little guilty.

This afternoon, my husband and I went rock climbing.  We usually climb Mondays and Wednesdays but with tomorrow being New Year's Eve, we moved that session to today.  With all of my out of town travels and the holidays, I hadn't been for awhile.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was able to dive back in and feel good about my climbs.  I even had good technique.  :D

I finished up the trip to the rock climbing gym with 15 minutes on the elliptical.  I like to get my heart rate up a little bit on climbing days if possible.

When we got home, I made monkey bread the way my mom does (it's different from everyone else I have encountered).  I wanted to do a test run for my meal on Tuesday as I haven't made it in years and don't remember nailing it back then.  It came out SO GOOD!  I had 2 pieces (which fit in my calorie goal due to the exercising) and am sending the rest in to work with Josh tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment