Sunday, November 4, 2012

And on the 8th Day...Erin Rested

Ahhhhh, rest.  I was really enjoying my new workout pace.  I had missed the zone--it's good to be back.  But, like always, my body was all: "Hold up, woman.  We need a break!"  And then I thought about it; I've worked out for 8 days in a row.  Sure, today I will rest. 

Josh went rock climbing and I belayed him. I argue this is some sort of exercise as there is consistent arm moving motion.  However, I did not list it as exercise in myfitnesspal.com because I think it's not *really* exercise and I don't need the extra calories today.  (The website counts playing guitar while standing and cleaning as exercises.  Cleaning!  Clearly belaying would count too...in any event, it's more calories burned than the alternative of sitting on my couch for the hour.  Amirite?!?!)  So, no recorded workout today.

This turned out to be a good thing, because I have a test tomorrow that requires me to be on a clear liquid diet starting today after lunch.  So it would have been tough to replenish any calories lost with a good workout.  I may or may not workout tomorrow because of an evening appointment, but I will be on clear liquids until noon or so, so again I should be fine calorie-wise.  I am trying to get some short cardio in though, if I feel up to it.  (I worry I may not because I am beginning to get quite dependent on a steady diet for proper energy during a workout in my old age...)

So, today I headed to the grocery store and made sure to pick up some key, clear liquid diet items:

Apple Juice
Beef Bouillon
Pre-Made Sugar-Free Lemon/Lime Jello
Box of Island Pineapple Jello

It's a party.  Clearly.

I went shopping right before lunch and was getting pretty hungry toward the end of the trip.  I perused the dairy section for the pre-made Jello.  If I have to eat only clear liquids (which I am not thrilled about), I don't want to have to *make* Jello.  I want to buy it.  Made.  And none of that garbage that sits on the shelf.  I want refrigerated, Jello-brand, J-E-L-L-O Jello.  So, I was a tad cranky when I only found one pack of sugar-free pre-made Jello.  There were not even empty shelf sections with tags for the other.  This floored me.  And made me crankier.

I asked an employee and he didn't even know what I was talking about!  I'm sorry, did I enter the Twilight Zone?!?!  Who has not heard of these?  Supermarkets in New Hampshire and in Ellicott City, Maryland have entire refrigerated display case sections dedicated to this.  What happened, Northern Virginia Harris Teeter?!?!

My ever-so-patient husband sat with the cart while I paced all up and down the dairy section, then stomped back to the baking aisle.  He pointed out several flavors that sounded yummy (to add to my dismay, I can't have red colored Jello--my favorites!). 

I chose Island Pineapple.  And, when we got home, without a word Josh made it for me.  /swoon

And I devoured it for dinner.  All 320 calories of it.  Yum.

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you Erin! Looking forward to following along again. :) I may have to check out myfitness pal. hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you now live in the "no jello zone"......kinda like your own version of "Fringe"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously!

    (Julie: Join, join join, join...you now you want to!)

    ReplyDelete