Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Harnessing My Excitement!

Yesterday was a rest day for me.  I left work having some kind of crazy allergic reaction to something with the right side of my face blocked and leaking--nose and eye, respectively--and pressure in my head.  It was supposed to be Week 4 Day 1 of Couch-to-5K, so I'll be running only twice this week.  I think I'll be fine.  If I'm not, we'll just repeat this week.  NBD.

Today we went rock climbing and something great happened.  I noticed it on Monday, but even more so today.  I bought my harness in January and it fit great-slid off and on very easily.  Then time happened.  Marriage.  Eating.  You know.  And for some time it was sliding on and off, but it was getting snug and making me nervous.  /shame. 

I was particularly worried about the sliding off portion.  I regularly took great care to ensure that my pants did not slide with it.  This is a real issue.

Anyways, today it slid on with very little sliding against my hips (read: it's looser!).  Then, when I tightened it, I noticed that the strap was longer when I pulled it tight.  For those not familiar with harnesses: my waist is noticeably smaller. 

Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment