Saturday, November 10, 2012

Run, Dish, Weigh-In, Date Night, Run, Baby Shower, Post

This week I didn't feel so hot Tuesday and Wednesday and was just exhausted at the end of the night Thursday--I apologize for not posting.  Then Friday was a rest day, so... 

To fill my fans in:

THURSDAY


I has a lady date with my dear friend, Amanda F. and so Josh and I did the couch-to-5K workout out(side of) work.   :)  We ran around the neighborhood by Josh's office.  Since I hadn't been feeling so hot, it wasn't super fun.  But I did it.  :) 

The lady date was to grab a quick bite for dinner, then go to Let's Dish to...Dish!  I'm kind of in love with it.  When my mom was in the hospital recently, Amanda had some Let's Dish meals shipped to our house and it was so wonderful to have the help in making dinner.  I'd done it once before, but eating for 1 and not a strict schedule like now, it was tough to guarantee the benefit.  At this point, Josh and I can really benefit from it.

So what is it?  Let's Dish is a place where you go and leave with a prepped dinner--literally all that is left to do is the cooking part.  Furthermore, they do all the chopping for you!  You preselect and pay for various meals.  Once there, you go station to station and follow very simple instructions to prepare the food.  Things like seasoning meat, mixing sauces, etc...  All ingredients are kept separated into their various roles in freezer bags.  You then take them home and freeze them.  When it's time to make them, you thaw and follow very simple instructions.  And the food is delicious.  I am in love.  Last night we had Sautéed Cranberry-Apple Chicken with a Cranberry Orzo.  Only 346 calories per serving!  Yum nom nom.

FRIDAY

 

This was a rest day.  It is also weigh-in.  And also Josh and my weekly movie date night.

I lost more weight!  3.2 pounds!  My total so far is 5.2 pounds!  I added the myfitnesspal.com icon to the blog (----------> over there and on top!) so you can track more easily.  I weigh-in on Fridays.  FYI.

For our weekly movie date night we usually grab a redbox or Blockbuster movie (<--there's actually a Blockbuster that's open in Alexandria, VA!  Who knew?).  We alternate picks.  Last night was Josh's pick.  We watched The Hunter.  Sad.  But decent.  Willem Dafoe did a good job, but ever since I saw him as the Green Goblin in Spiderman, he creeps me out.  /shivers.

 

SATURDAY


Today we completed week 3 of the couch-to-5K program.  1/3 of the way done!!!  We went for a 10 minute walk after.  I want to get closer to 30 minutes of cardio at a time and the program was only 18 this week.  It was a nice walk on the pier at National Harbor. 

Then we headed up to a baby shower for my dear friend, Amy.  It was a wonderful day and it was great to catch up with friends from my old church.  <3

I knew there'd be junk food--mostly because I knew what my friend, Meagan, was making--so I packed a lunch.  Healthy choice FTW!  I had an extra 500 calories in my day today, so I indulged in a chocolate-covered oreo ball.  De-lic-ious.  I repeat: yum nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment