Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Sister-In-Law's Amazing Home Gym

Today I lifted in My Sister-In-Law's Amazing Home Gym, which I shall refer to as MSILAHG (pronounced miss-ill-ogg).

It was as wonderful as I'd have hoped.  I considered listing MSILAHG's contents in their entirety and then determined that with some minor social engineering, a mal-intented stranger (or 'frenemy') could break in and steal it all.  So I will not *explicitly* post the list, but rather talk about most of it throughout the posts and make said meanie-head do a little bit of work to figure it all out.

So, for the actual lifting I wanted to hit every major muscle group.  This is what I did:

Legs: DB Step Ups, 3 sets of 15 reps each per leg; 1st set: body weight, 2nd set: 5 lb DBs, 3rd set: 10 lb DBs
Back: Lying DB Pull-Overs, 3 sets of 15 reps; 1st set: 15 lb DB, 2nd & 3rd sets: 25 lb DB
Chest: DB Chest Press, 3 sets of 15 reps with 15 lb DBs (on the weight bench!!!)
Shoulders: Front-to-Side Raises, 2 sets of 15 reps with 3 lb DBs
Abs: Stability Ball Crunches, 2 sets of 20 reps

To explain the shoulder exercise (because I don't think it's obvious how suck-tastic it is),  you start off by doing a front raise, then move the dumbbells out so that you are in a side raise position, then lower them to your sides, then do a side raise, then move them to the front raise position, then lower them to the front.  This is one rep.  Yuck.

Tomorrow is Week 5 Day 2 of Couch-to-5K...on the treadmill in MSILAHG!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment