Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Kind of Triathlon: Run, Hike, Eat

Today, Holly organized a fun hiking and picnicking day today with us and some dear friends.  Since Saturdays are also our Day 3 for the couch-to-5K program, we decided to wake up early to run.  And by "we", I mean "Josh".  Let it be known that I hate early morning workouts.  In order to meet everyone on time, we set the alarm for 7:15 am.  (Before you give me grief about this, I wake up at 5:30 am every weekday--give me Saturday sleep-in or give me...um...a nap?)

When we got outside, my first non-grumpy thought was: At least's it light out.  Then, as we reached the river and began our run, I thought: This is pretty.  I really do love our running path.  :)

Week 2 completed.  Week 3 begins Tuesday.  :)

Next up (after breakfast), was the hiking!  We went to Patapsco State Park (I've been wanting to go since I moved here in 2003 and just never have) at the McKeldin Area (for those who do not know Maryland very well, PSP is GINORMOUS and has many different areas to visit).  Also, it costs $2 per vehicle to get in (if you live in state), so it's a fun day for very little cost.  We decided to head out toward the first trail we saw and then follow the river.  There are a lot of trails that meet down there, so we'd keep moving along the river until we decided to take a trail out. 

It was a wonderful hike!  Great weather--slightly chilly, but not too cold, great company and greats scenery.


Josh insisted on picking up walking sticks.  For the second half of the hike, he had two.  Naturally.


When we finished (after about 75 minutes and an unknown distance), we picnicked!





 Thanks for a great day, Holly! <3

1 comment: