Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ran Today

Today was Week 5, Day 2 of the Couch-to-5K plan.  It's run 8 minutes, walk 5, run 8.  It went fine.  I am a little nervous for Day 3 as it is 20 minutes of straight running.

Yes, I know that I ran a sub-10 minute mile half marathon less than 3 years ago.  And did 3 halfs in total.  But I just feel so out of shape.  I think the 20 minutes will go fine, but am a little nervous.

My husband and I had been doing the program together, but with my trip home, we can't right now.  He wanted to be all cute and do them at the same time.  I told him that I'd prefer to do them in the morning while he's at work, but we can still do the same thing the same days.

Tuesday was his first chance.  Rather than do the run 5, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run 5 plan, like he promised, he ran wicked fast.  He claims he is going to do the 8-5-8 today.  I have low expectations.  :)

1 comment:

  1. There is no reason that he by himself can't stick to the plan unless 8 minutes of dead sprint doesn't leave him desiring a breather. Tell him it may take serious discipline to be challenged by 8-5-8, but it's doable. :-)

    ReplyDelete